Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Glad We're Alive for the Holidays!

Oh hey! We're alive ;D

This Christmas will be, a very special Christmas (ha-ha) no, really. I am super excited to go Christmas shopping 2 days before Christmas! I actually went on a little adventure yesterday after work to go find that Prince Vinyl I was blogging about. I found it! :) I wish it was a little more manlier but it's Prince, what can you do? That is going to make my friend, R, feel really special. But I won't put my name on the gift, R should be able to figure out who it's from anyway. I'm not sure what to get my Mom, my Brothers, and my Grandma, but I'm sure I will figure it out. Besides, I'm actually going shopping with R today, because he needs someone to help him find a gift for his mom also. 

All this gift talk! It makes me wonder what I want for Christmas, but honestly, I'm not sure if I even want anything. Anything material at least. This is the first Christmas I've ever felt like this (I know, it sounds selfish), I feel so selfless and can't wait to see what I come up with for gifts. This may be because I finally have a job so I actually have money to spend on people :) Either way, better late than never. 

Away from the Christmas subject, I was talking to my mom about the whole "2012 Apocalypse" nonsense because she was telling me about this article she read. It talks about this older man who is actually mayan, and how he explains that people misinterpreted the meaning of the calender. It does not predict the end of the world, it shows the end of a cycle. So apparently, it ends in 2012 because a cycle has ended, and the new year shall bring us better things. You can read the article here. I found it very interesting. Crazy people! Thought we were all going to die :P 

Lesson of the day:
Don't let other people bring you down. 

No comments: